Rooting your Wiko Slide 2 will afford you more control over your phone’s speed and will allow you to really push your phone harder. You can also optimize your phone’s memory, resulting in better performance. Applications that eliminate redundancy and improve automation also tend to work better on rooted phones.
Android is known for being one of the most customizable operating systems out there. So it can seem a little ironic that it doesn’t give you the freedom to access the part of your phone that allows ultimate customization. People are still going to do it, of course, but it can leave you susceptible to malicious exploits from shady sources. Rooting is never without risk, but we can show you how to do it the safest way possible, and you can have customization to and from the core of your phone.
Before I get into the actual rooting, I want to give you a warning up front. As a warning some, if not all, of these rooting options will void your warranty or damage user data. Please backup your phone before attempting a root.
How To Root Wiko Slide 2 Without PC
- If you didn’t grab it earlier, you can find the Kingroot APK here available for download. Make sure to download the APK through your phone, and not on a PC.
- Now install the downloaded APK, this won’t take very long. If the installation is blocked, you can enable installations from unknown sources in your settings.
- Launch the app, and tap the Try It button on the bottom of the screen. You’ll reach a new menu that claims you don’t have root access.
- For right now, it’s correct, but after you hit the Get now button, the root process will start. The time for the process to finish varies. Do not panic if the root percentage hangs for a few moments, it will resume shortly.
- Once the process finishes, back out to home screen again, and download the Root Checker app to confirm if the root worked. If it did, congratulations, you’re now rooted!
Once you’ve rooted the Wiko Slide 2, there’s no arguing that it’s already a better device. The rest of the Android world opens up to you, whether through rooted apps, custom ROMs, or anything else you desire. Now that you’re rooted, be sure to enjoy your new freedom.