Rooting a phone allows you to get custom ROMs and to download particular root-only apps from the Google Play Store. Every phone is a little different in terms of rooting, and the Asus Padfone S is a little trickier than some more popular phones. Let’s take a look at the best methods to use if you would like to learn how to root Asus Padfone S.
While the Padfone S is still considered to be a decent mid-budget smartphone, you can take your device’s usability to the next level by gaining root access. There aren’t many effective ways to root this particular device, but the methods mentioned below should work with most Asus Padfone S devices and firmware versions.
Like rooting other Android devices, you should only root your device at your own responsibility as rooting can brick your device and you can lose important data. Before rooting your device, create a full backup on your PC of all the important files on your Asus Padfone S.
How To Root Asus Padfone S Without PC
- Download KingRoot 4.9.2 and install it. If you see a warning box then you require to check Unknown sources under Settings –> Security.
- You should see the KingRoot icon in your App Drawer. Tap on the app icon to open it.
- Once the app is lunched, it will try to analyze your device to find suitable root process and soon you will see the following screen.
- Tap on “TRY TO ROOT” or “START ROOT” button that shown at the bottom of the screen.
- Wait for a few seconds as Kingroot tries to root your phone.
- Once your phone is rooted, you will see a Root Obtained message under the crown logo.