LG’s flagship smartphone, the G3 got good response from customers when it was launched last year in 2014. LG has launched a new successor to it, the G4 which comes with host of features leaving G3 users fuming. There are many great custom ROMs for LG G3, and If you own this phone and have been looking for a way to renew your experience, we got you covered today.
XDA Recognized Contributor firebird11 has released the crDroid 3.5 (Android 7.1.2) for the LG G3. crDroid rom is among the most feature rich ROMs available for the LG G3. Usage is pretty good as the ROM is extremely fast, butter smooth and features a beautiful theme. The ROM allows you to personalise everything, from the lockscreen, notifications drawer to the navigation buttons and animations. According to the developer, after flashing this ROM, you will keep it as your daily driver because the performance on it is ridiculously good.
Steps to update your LG G3 with a crDroid ROM:
- Download Android 7.1.2 crDroid custom ROM LG G3 and Google Apps 7.1 Nougat for LG G3.
- Boot in to TWRP Mode
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the crdroid rom file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Now Install the Open Google Apps Package. Go back to the main menu of the custom recovery and tap Install again. Navigate to the open_gapps-arm64-7.1-nano-20170621.zip file that you transferred to your LG G3 in Step 6.
- Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, and then select “Reboot System” button.
First time reboot will take up to 5 minutes, so be patient and do not press any buttons or try restarting. After the device has restarted, it will be running Android 7.1 crDroid Nougat custom ROM.
Do let us know in the comments section below. In case of any doubts, get back to us and we will be happy to help!