How To Root NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Running Android 5.0.1 Without PC. Nvidia has rolled out the latest Android 5.0.1 update along with software upgrade 2.1 via over-the-air (OTA) for its Shield gaming tablet users. An easy to follow rooting guide for Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware that running on NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is now available at DroidBeep. You probably already installed Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware that rolled out recently by Nvidia.
If you own this NVIDIA SHIELD and if you are looking for a way to install custom ROM firmware or if you would like to remove the system apps which are causing insufficient storage space, then you should root your device. By rooting, you will be able to do all the above mentioned tasks. If you are not sure how to do it, then follow the step by step tutorial given here to root NVIDIA SHIELD Android Tablet.
Well, there are a lot of apps available all over the internet which convey that they can root any Android Without a computer. In reality, most of the apps do not work at all. With lots of research, I discovered some apps which can surely root Android without PC.
KingRoot is a root tool for who just want to get root access but don’t want to flash any third party Recovery into their lovely device. It can work on almost all device from Android 2.x – 5.0. Working of KingRoot based on system exploit. The most suitable Root strategy will be deployed from cloud to your device according to your ROM information. So, it’s necessary to keep net connection during root process.
This root guide is for the NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Running Android 5.0.1.
- Enter your phone’s browser: kingroot.net.
- Install Kingroot. This can be done through..”Unknown Sources“ under Menu -> Settings -> Applications).
- If your phone is unrooted, you can see the prompt saying that “Root access is unavailable“. Then click the button “START ROOT“.
- It will take some time to root the phone.
- When rooting, you can view the progress. When it is done, you will see the big green tick icon.
- You have now succesfully Rooted your NVIDIA SHIELD. Check out for an application in your application drawer with the name as KingUser.
Congrats! You just rooted NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet running on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware. To confirm if you successfully rooted your Android device or not install an app called Root Checker which is available for free from Google PlayStore.