Finally, the Xperia ZR receives the Nougat firmware it deserves with a stable new LineageOS 14.1 ROM. It’s an enhanced version of the Xperia from Sony and comes with some fine specifications that can support almost all the Android versions ranging from the Jellybean, that the device comes with, to Android 7.1.2 Nougat. that is now available with LineageOS 14.1.
As it is an official release, stability can be expected and the ROM is free of bugs. Also LineageOS continues to support it’s Nougat ROM even though the community now have started working on it’s upcoming Oreo LineageOS 15 ROM.
To be sure, backup everything before you proceed. This may include the apps, media, documents and all of your internal storage just in case anything goes wrong.
How To Install Lineageos 14 Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Xperia ZR
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold Volume Down and power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery.
- Do not forget to perform a nandroid backup. Goto backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery and swipe right to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, go back to the TWRP main menu and tap the WIPE button.
- Next, swipe to Factory Reset. Wait for the wiping process to complete.
- Next, Goto TWRP main menu & goto Install option.
- Locate the LineageOS ROM downloaded zip file lineage-14.1-20180310-nightly-pme-signed.zip and tap on it. Now swipe to Install the ROM.
- Once installed, Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the Google apps zip file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation.
- Once the installation process is finished successfully, select Reboot System
If you see the new boot logo, that means you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. For queries, comment down below. Like and share us on social platforms. If you need help with other devices, let us know.