LeEco launched their latest flagship smartphone last year which was named as the Le Pro3. The Le Pro3 was the next flagship smartphone to be launched by the company after the Le 2 and the Le Max 2. The Chinese OEM has already promised to update Le Pro3 to Android 8.0 Oreo eventually. But when you have a Le Pro3 you don’t need to wait for an official update to someday appear. Perhaps it shouldn’t surprise many that an official build of LineageOS 15.1 has already appeared for the Le Pro3.
So, if you are a proud owner of Le Pro3 and have a liking for LineageOS 15, then you are in for a treat because you can install the LineageOS 15 Oreo custom ROM right now on your device.
- Ensure that you have unlocked the bootloader on your Le Pro3
- Install a custom recovery like TWRP on the Le Pro3
- Make sure that your phone has more than 50% battery left
[alert-note]The ROM is in an early beta stage as already mentioned so you know what you’re getting into. Other major or minor bugs might also be present that have not been mentioned here. Before you go ahead and install the ROM, you must be ready to deal with the issues. Furthermore, installing custom ROMs can prove to be quite the risk and you may end up with an unusable device. Neither the developer of the ROM nor Droidbeep takes any responsibility for anything that happens to your device. Proceed at your own responsibility.[/alert-note]
If you are still enthusiastic to try out the LineageOS ROM on your Le Pro3, then follow the below guide to do so.
How to Install Android Oreo Based LineageOS 15.1 on LeEco Le Pro3
- Download LineageOS 15.1 Oreo For Le Pro3 and transfer them to your device.
- Power off your phone. Once turned off, press and hold the Power and Volume UP button simultaneously. Continue to hold the two buttons past the OnePlus splash screen boot logo until your device boots into TWRP mode.
- Once in TWRP, select the Backup option from the TWRP main menu and then select the partitions you would like to backup. It is recommended that you create a complete NANDroid backup of your current ROM, including all the partitions. This way, you can always restore your device to its existing state after trying out the new ROM.
- Now go to Wipe and Swipe To Factory Reset at the bottom.
- Select Install from the main menu and then browse to and select the ROM zip file (lineage-15.1-20180402-nightly-zl1-signed.zip).
- After the flashing is complete, you will notice that a Reboot system button appears at the bottom. Tap on it.
Now, you will have the Alpha ROM of Paranoid Android on your Le Pro 3 once you follow all the steps that have been mentioned in the guide which we have mentioned above.
If you have any problems in installing this ROM from the steps mentioned above then you can comment on your questions in the comments section below.