When it comes to user interfaces, LineageOS is quite stylish, featuring a one-of-a-kind launcher called Trebuchet. The build is also highly optimized, allows you to create personal themes, and is generally pretty secure. This is not EMUI with some tweaks. This is redesigned framework.
Other examples of LineageOS’s multitude of features include video screenshots, frequent updates, and even the ability to flag telemarketers through Global Blacklist. The only downside is that although LineageOS supports 80 devices, the Y6 is not one of them. But, learn about how you can still get it by reading the link below. Head’s up: this is an unofficial version, so proceed with some caution.
How To Install LineageOS 14.1 Nougat ROM in Huawei Y6
- Download LineageOS 14.1 Nougat ROM Huawei Y6
- Turn off / Switch your phone
- Press and hold Press Volume UP + Volume Down + Power Key at the same time to boot into Recovery mode.
- Do not forget to perform a nandroid backup. Goto backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, go back to the TWRP main menu and tap the WIPE button.
- Next, swipe to Factory Reset. Wait for the wiping process to complete.
- Next, Goto TWRP main menu & goto Install option.
- Locate the Dirty Unicorns ROM downloaded zip file & tap on it. Now swipe to Install the ROM.
- Once the installation process is finished successfully, select Reboot System
– Camera & Flashlight doesn’t work
– Sound recorder is very quiet
– Audiofx doesn’t work and it’s laggy
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to talk to me in the comments below. Do tell us about your personal experience with the Huawei Y6, are you tempted to upgrade to the Huawei Y6 or will you wait another year? I’ll love to hear your thoughts.