There are plenty of good reasons to reset your Galaxy S8 Plus and put it back to its factory default settings, including selling it and protecting your private information and simply clearing out the clutter. Here’s how to factory reset your Samsung S8+.
The Galaxy S8 Plus flaunts a (1440 x 2960 pixels) display, boots on Android 9.0 operating system, features gorilla glass and a fingerprint sensor. For driving the phone, there are Octa-Core processors 4×2.3 GHz Exynos M2 Mongoose+ 4×1.7 GHz ARM Cortex A53 seated upon an Exynos 9 Octa 8895 chipset. It is aided by 4GB of RAM and ARM Mali-G71MP20 graphics engine.
The device is armed with a 12.2MP camera at the rear and for selfie lovers, there are cameras, comprising of 12.2MP. If not sufficient, the user can make use of the OTG cable or the memory card slot which can read microSD cards of upto 128GB.
There will come a situation where you would want to reset your Samsung S8 Plus. Resetting your Samsung will help you fix minor errors, apps crashing or if you simply want a speed boost. However, you might want to know how to do it.
[box type=”info” align=”” class=”” width=””]Performing a reset will permanently delete all user data on the smartphone. Be sure to back up your data before performing a Factory or Hard Reset. If you want to reset your device to factory default settings, ensure that you know your Google account login credentials as you will need it to log in once you have reset your device.[/box]
Hard Reset Samsung S8 Plus from Recovery
If your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus boots loops or gets stuck on the logo, see the instructions for resetting your phone from the Android system recovery menu.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus and wait a few seconds.
- If the phone cannot be turned off, let the battery drain until the phone turns off, then charge the phone for 30 minutes and unplug any USB or power cables from the phone.
- Hold down the Power key for a few seconds and tap restart two times.
- Wait until the SAMSUNG Galaxy logo shows up push Volume Up and Power button for a couple of seconds.
- Let go of all keys when Recovery Mode shows up.
- Choose wipe data/factory reset. Use Volume buttons to scroll down and the Power key to confirm.
- Select Yes from the menu. Press the Power key.
- If Recovery Mode appears, choose reboot system now by using the Power button.
Unlock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung S8 Plus
If you’ve forgotten or lost your screen lock pattern, password, fingerprint and pin, you have up to 5 attempts to try and unlock your Galaxy S8 Plus. If you’re still unsuccessful after several attempts, the only way to unlock your device is to reset via Samsung or Google find my device.
You’ll need to be signed into your Samsung and Google account on your phone, and must have either a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection.
Reset Lock Screen with Google Find My Device
- Open Find My Device and then sign in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Samsung S8 Plus from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the “Erase Data” option from the action menu.
- Select ‘Erase Deviceʼ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen with Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then log in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Galaxy S8 Plus from the menu on the left.
- Choose the ‘Erase Deviceʼ option from below the device information.
- Choose the ˊEraseˋ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Factory Reset Samsung S8 Plus
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Press the ‘Settingsʼ icon.
- Press ‘General managementʼ.
- Press ˊResetˋ.
- Press ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- Press “RESET”.
- Tap ‘DELETE ALLʼ. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus and prepare it for use.
- Head into your ˊSettingsˋ and scroll down the page to ‘General managementʼ.
- Tap on ‘Resetʼ.
- Press ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- Scroll down the page and select “Reset”.
- This is the final step, so be sure that you want to go through with it. If you are, then tap “DELETE ALL”.
- The Samsung S8 Plus will reset and reboot.
The final word
Samsung Galaxy S8+ is an excellent mid-range smartphone that presents a strong spec-sheet to stand out from the crowd. It has a superb camera, amazing battery backup and huge storage. The processing front also shows admirable built that can deal with any sort of functioning.
Despite the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus problems, it’s still a great phone that’s an easy purchase if you have the option and opportunity. Every common issue that the device has is easy to fix, even if some of the fixes take time. If your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus has had any of these problems, hopefully, your phone is now performing exactly as it’s intended.