Do you need to reset your Xiaomi Mi Max to factory settings to improve performance or fix problems? In this guide, we will show you four ways to complete this task on Xiaomi Mi Max.
The Xiaomi Mi Max flaunts a large 6.44inch IPS LCD display with a pixel density of 342 PPI that results in a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. For photography, the smartphone features a dual (16MP) rear camera setup with PDAF and a 5MP front-facing camera for selfie lovers.
The device is powered by 2x ARM® 1.8 GHz Cortex™ A72, 4x ARM® 1.4 GHz Cortex™ A53 processors embedded on the Snapdragon 650 MSM8956 chipset. The processor is paired with 3GB of RAM to ensure that the phone runs smoothly with multiple applications open simultaneously. All the graphical requirements are fulfilled by an Adreno 510 chipset. The smartphone runs on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system. The Xiaomi Mi Max is backed by a massive 4850 mAh Li-ion battery which keeps the entertainment going for long hours.
Three Easy Ways to Reset Xiaomi Mi Max
Every single Android device has access to factory reset. Some applications might cause problems due to the change in device settings and the user can’t fix them so the last option for users to install those applications is by resetting it to default settings. Apart from that it can also increase the speed and feel like a new Xiaomi Mi Max.
Performing a reset will permanently delete all user data on the smartphone. Be sure to back up your data before performing a Factory or Hard Reset. If you already reset your device, but don’t remember your Google username and/or password, the device cannot be used.
Hard reset Xiaomi Mi Max from Recovery
- Ensure that the Xiaomi Mi Max is powered off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time on your Xiaomi Mi Max.
- Release the all buttons when the phone vibrates.
- In recovery use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and the Power key to select.
- From recovery, after selecting Wipe data on the hard reset process, choose Wipe All Data.
- Then you select Confirm if you are sure to reset data.
- Select reboot system now.
Reset Passcode or Pattern Lock Xiaomi Mi Max
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Xiaomi Mi Max from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase Data option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Xiaomi Mi Max.
Factory reset Xiaomi Mi Max from Settings
- Go into the Settings.
- Tap Additional settings.
- Tap on Backup & reset.
- Tap on Erase all data (factory reset).
- Confirm you understand that all data will be erased by tapping on Reset phone.
- Your Xiaomi Mi Max will restart and begin the Factory Data Reset.
The Xiaomi Mi Max is a mid-end smartphone featuring a great display and powerful configuration. The configuration under the hood also helps the phone to deliver a stellar performance. The storage is ample and the battery is decent and efficiently powers this device throughout the day, but we feel it could have been a tad larger.
Do tell us your opinions in the comments below. Check out some tips and tricks such as how to root Xiaomi Mi Max, make sure to bookmark DroidBeep.com!