Like most other Android smartphone, we can root Huawei Y5 rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Huawei Y5 (Y560-U02) Android 4.4.2 Kitkat using a one-click-root program called Kingroot.
With a rooted Android device, you can configure and optimize your device for a customized feel and for better performance. Android can be tweaked to a significant extent, which is why it is so popular in the first place. Depending on what you want with your device, you can make several changes.
– If the Android phone powers off due to lack of battery while the rooting process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Y5 should have charge above 80% battery charge.
– The device will lose manufacturer’s warranty once the root method is installed.
Start the rooting process
- Download KingRoot 4.8.2 and install it. If you see a warning box then you require to check Unknown sources under Settings –> Security.
- You should see the KingRoot icon in your App Drawer. Tap on the app icon to open it.
- Once the app is lunched, it will try to analyze your device to find suitable root process and soon you will see the following screen.
- Tap on “TRY TO ROOT” or “START ROOT” button that shown at the bottom of the screen.
- Once completed you will see a big green tick that means your phone is now rooted.
If you want to check whether your Huawei Y5 has rooted or not, search Root Checker app in Google Play store and install it. Then open it and you can find it your phone rooted or not rooted.