How To Root Redmi 2 Without PC. The Redmi 2 is one among the emerging Smartphone manufacturers in china, and has released a lot of budget friendly Android Smartphones without actually compromising the hardware specifications of the phone. The phone comes with a 4.70-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 pixels by 1280 pixels and powered by 1.2GHz quad-core processor and it comes with 1GB of RAM.
The Xiaomi Redmi 2 is a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Micro-SIM and Micro-SIM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India). Sensors on the phone include Compass/ Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
If you own a regular Redmi 2 and if you’re interested in rooting your Redmi 2, then today we’re here with a detailed set of instructions on how to root Redmi 2 Android Smartphone easily.
Below are some of the prerequisite procedures to complete before attempting to root Xiaomi Redmi 2:
- Rooting of Android Smartphones tends to void its warranty. And hence once you root your Redmi 2, you’ll no longer enjoy any warranty benefits over your Smartphone.
- We are not to be held responsible if you end up damaging your Redmi 2 during or after completing the rooting guide.
- The rooting procedure I have given below is not a data-loss process, but it won’t hurt to have a backup of personal data. So, take a backup of data in your smartphone by using appropriate apps.
How To Root Xiaomi Redmi2
- First download the rooting file RootRedmi2.zip and update.zip
- Open folder Tools and click Updater
- Click Option Menu and click Select Update Package
- Choose file update.zip
- Waiting process done
- Now, Again go to Updater app and Select Update Package dan choose file RootRedmi2.zip
- Rooting done
For those who have already upgraded to version 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168 in CWM select Yes – Root Devices (/system/xbin/su)
If you want to confirm root access download any App require root access or download “Root checker” App from Google Play store.
And you’re done. You have now successfully completed the procedures required to root Xiaomi Redmi 2 easily. I hope you found this tutorial helpful and in case of any queries or doubts please do mention them below as comments so that we can respond and help you out in case.