Owners of the Lenovo Vibe P1/P1 Turbo can now acquire and run Android 7.1 through Carbon ROM. If you have been running a Stock Rom so far it may worth taking a look at this, one of the most popular ROMS available. This build is based off pure AOSP, and works surprisingly well.
Carbon ROM is a well-crafted ROM based on Android Open Source Project and works like a charm on Lenovo Vibe P1 devices. The developers are amazing at providing new updates to the ROM with the latest features and options. If you are a fan of clean and almost stock experiences, this ROM is for you. We are sure there will be an update to this soon but as of now the ROM works flawlessly apart from this issue.
Rooting or flashing custom roms results to the void of the warranty of the device. Techolite and its authors are not responsible for any damage which is incurred in the process of flashing custom roms or rooting the device. We highly advice to take a backup of your device prior to performing the process.
How to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat Carbon ROM on Lenovo Vibe P1
- Download Android 7.1 Nougat Carbon ROM for Vibe P1 and Google Apps 7.1 Nougat for Vibe P1.
- Now reboot into TWRP. Press and hold the Volume Down Button + Volume Up Button + Power Button. When you see the Boot Screen, Release the Power Button but keep the Volume Buttons pressed until you see the Recovery Screen.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the
CARBON-CR-5.1-MOO-UNOFFICIAL-passion-20171214-1158.zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20180516.zip file and select it.
- Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, and then select “Reboot System” button.
Your Vibe P1 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
If you have any questions about the installation process, the nature of the ROMs listed here, or any other suggestion, let us know in the comments. We always love and appreciate your input.