Lineage OS is another awesome custom ROM that is based on the CyanogenMod firmware and focuses on speed, customizability and stability. Personally, I have used this ROM on Huawei P8 Lite as well as Ascend G7 smartphones and it has worked wonderfully on both of them. The creators of this ROM are active as well as helpful people. The Lineage OS sees constant releases and is being updated on a regular basis.
There are a lot of features in this custom ROM for Huawei P8 Lite but it runs extremely smooth on the device. Gone are all of the bloatware Samsung has installed with their own skin of Android and this really helps speed up the device.
However, these Lineage OS is worth trying at least once because they bring better battery life, a smooth and clean UI, stock Google Apps, bug fixes almost ever other day. So if you are not bugged with downloading the full packages of 300-400 MB every time, then custom ROMS like Lineage OS are best for you. You will also need latest TWRP, and Gapps.
Officially Supported Devices : ALE-L02, ALE-L21 & ALE-L23
How To Install LineageOS 13.0 Android 6.0 On Huawei P8 Lite
- Download LineageOS 13.1 custom ROM and Google Apps ( check : ARM64, 6.0, nano ) on to your PC.
- Connect Huawei P8 Lite to the computer
- Place the Lineage OS 13 ROM into the phone’s storage memory.
- Enter To TWRP mode
- Once entering the TWRP settings menu, clear the phone’s memory (full) by selecting ‘Wipe‘ option. Once done, select – ‘Swipe to Factory Reset‘ perform factory reset
- Return to TWRP settings and tap ‘Install‘ by the selecting .Zip file in the phone’s memory downloaded from PC
- Come back to TWRP menu setting to approve the installation by tapping ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash‘
- Flashing of the custom ROM begins and after few minutes, a message ‘Successful‘ appears on the screen, thus completing installation.
Huawei P8 Lite was supposed to be the powerhouse for power users but it fell short. And we all know that developers tend to be power users more often than not. We will keep an eye P8 Lite ROM scene and update this article accordingly.