How To Install LineageOS Androd 7.1.2 Nougat Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017). If you prefer to have the Stock version of Android running on your phone instead of the TouchWiz OS, you can always root your Samsung Galaxy A7 and install Custom ROMs. Custom ROMs are created by developers and are based on the stock version of Android. Unlike TouchWiz, these do not come with bloatware and you can customize and modify them based on your preference.
Lineage is arguably the biggest name in the custom ROM world. Starting as CyanogenMod, it is not only a standalone ROM but also the source code for many of the other ROMs available.
Since it was so loved by the Android community, many were left disappointed with this decision. Very few trusted that any OS could take its place and offer similar features. However, Lineage OS stepped in and presented an Android mod very similar to CyanogenMod.
In order to install Custom ROMs on your Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 variant, you have to first root your device and install a Custom Recovery like TWRP through which you will be flashing the ROM. Follow our guide here to root your A7 and install TWRP.
Once you have successfully rooted your Samsung A7, you can now flash your favorite Custom ROM.
How To Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat-Based Lineage OS ROM on Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 (SM-A520F/DS)
- Download Android 7.1.2 LineageOS custom ROM Galaxy A7 2017 and Google Apps 7.1 Nougat for Galaxy A7.
- Power off your device completely until it vibrates and then Press “Volume UP key, HOME, And Power Key” for 5 Sec then release at the same time for about 3, or 4 seconds.Release the buttons.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the lineage-14.1-20180912-nightly-a7y17lte-signed.zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Go back to the main menu of the custom recovery and tap Install again. Navigate to the Open Gapps zip file.
- Wait for the installation process to complete. This might take a while. Once completed, select the Reboot system now option.
There is no doubt that LineageOS is one of the best custom ROMs available. A large online community, constant updates, and probably more than a ton of customization options make it a great choice.