If you just got your new Redmi 2, then I am sure you love the interface and smoothness. However, if you’ve been using the device for a long time, then you might be interested in getting a fresh interface. Before installing the Carbon ROMs mentioned below, make sure that you have a rooted Redmi 2.
Carbon ROMs are really popular among various Android smartphones and the best thing about this ROM is that it is an All-in-one ROM. It brings features from various different ROMs and combines them into one single ROM. The ROM has been heavily customized with various tweaks and optimizations.
If you can’t make up your mind on a ROM, then you should definitely consider installing this All-in-one ROM. The ROM features Slim Heads Up, customizations for the notifications panel, see through lockscreen and advanced options for the keyboard.
Fixed instalation App to Sdcard
How to install Carbon ROM on Redmi 2
- Download Latest Carbon ROM for REdmi 2 from here.
- Download gapps for Redmi 2 from here
- Copy the downloaded files to the (Root directory of) your sd-card.
- Reboot your device to Custom Recovery
- [Optional but, Recommended] Do a Nandroid Backup or TWRP backup of your current ROM.
- Now from recovery main menu and select Wipe Data option.
- Confirm data wipe by selecting Yes.
- Now flash this carbon rom using clockwork mod recovery, Philz or TWRP. Follow these steps :
– Choose Install Zip From Sd Card option.
– Select Choose Zip From SD Card option.
– Now select the rom downloaded earlier.
- Confirm the installation and wait till the rom is installed on you handset.
- Flash the gapps as well in the similar way.
- Reboot System