The crDroid ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 2 based on CM11 with numerous additional features thrown in. Some of the main highlights of this ROM are notification counter, Dynamic Statusbat, quick settings pull down with one finger, advanced reboot menu, CM11 music app with AudioFX, embedded SuperSU, and the ability to answer calls with the hardware home button.
The ROM is also quite stable and users seem to be reporting better overall performance with this ROM compared to the CM11 ROM that is available for Redmi 2. It is also largely stable for daily use, so you can use this ROM as a daily driver.
Update 08 May 2015
– Fix USB OTG
– GPS Faster
– More RAM
Update 10 july 2015
– Compass fixed
– Alarm Fixed
– Google Camera Fixed
How To Install
- The first thing that you will need to do is download the crdroid ROM ZIP file and you will also need to download the GAPPS (Google Apps) package. You will find the GAPPS ZIP file at this link.
- Enter recovery mode. Wipe Data and Wipe Cache Partition
- Choose the CrDroid_Redmi_2.zip file and Wait for the flashing to be completed.
- Once the ROM ZIP package has been successfully flashed, proceed to flashing the GAPPS package in the same way.
- After the GAPPS package is flashed, tap on option to reboot your device.
Have you installed the crDroid ROM on your Redmi 2? If yes, let us know what you think of this ROM by leaving a comment below.