Motorola first released the DROID 4 in january of 2012, and it is still being developed for today. XDA Recognized Developer stargo has helped to bring official LineageOS 13 nightlies to this aging Motorola flagship.
The Motorola DROID 4 is one of most popular motorola smartphones of all time. With the passage of time, the DROID 4 has grown old, and the once-loved phone has now become an almost neglected thing. If you own a Motorola DROID 4 and want to try the new LineageOS 14.1 ROM, then you’re in the right place, as we’ve put together a short guide on how to install it manually.
Please consider the following aspects before starting the installation, in order to avoid any issues or damaging your phone:
- The ROM you’re about to install works just for the Motorola DROID 4 only, so don’t try it on other devices.
- The process will completely erase the data on your phone, so we strongly recommend taking a complete backup and just then proceed.
- Check the battery level! It need to be around 50-70%, so you can prevent an accidental shutdown, in-between the process.
- Follow the steps below correctly, make sure you do not skip any of them.
How to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat LineAge OS 14 ROM on Motorola DROID 4 (Maserati)
- Download Android 7.1.2 lineage OS 14 custom ROM (Nightly) and Google Apps 7.1.2 for DROID 4.
- Power off the phone and Wait a few seconds and then press the volume up and volume down buttons along with the power button at the same time for about 3, or 4 seconds.Release the buttons.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the Resurrection Remix ROM .zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Repeat Step 3 to install Google Apps (Gapps) as well.
- Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, and then select “Reboot System” button.
If you install Gapps after the ROM has been booted for the first time you either need to wipe data or manually delete
/data/system/users/0/runtime-permissions.xml and reboot. Without this Gapps will crash constantly. This is due to the new permissions-system in M.
And you’re done! This is how you can successfully install LineageOS 14.1 on DROID 4. if you encounter any issues, feel free to contact us, using the comments section below.
We whole heartedly encourage all of you to share your opinions, requests, queries, and any issues regarding our tutorials and other posts among everyone.