Youtube is a site for uploading and watching videos, now YouTube has become a site that is widely used to just watch movies, movie trailers, listen to music and much more. But to watch videos and play videos on youtube we can’t play videos when our smartphone screen is off, if we want to watch videos from youtube then your smartphone screen must remain active. In contrast to premium youtube users, with paid youtube premium users may still be able to play youtube videos in the background. But for those of you who like freebies and are lazy to pay for youtube premium, there is one trick you can use to play youtube videos in the background with the smartphone screen off. This method is very easy and can be used without having to download any additional apps. The app we need is the Chrome app and this chrome app is usually already available on every Android smartphone. Then how? see more below.
How to Play Youtube Videos With Android Phone Screen Off
For users who are curious about how to play youtube videos with Android phone screen off then you can see the tutorial as follows.
1. To play youtube videos with the smartphone screen off, then you have to open the youtube video via the chrome app, not through the youtube app directly. Please open the chrome app.
2. Then go to the youtube.com site.
3. Find and play the video you want to play in the background.
4. Then change the browser view to desktop mode, how to tap More Options at the top right.
5. Then check the Desktop Sites section.
6. After the YouTube display has become desktop mode, please just play the video or song you want to play.
Then exit Chrome by pressing the Home button.
7. Then the video will stop, and you can play the youtube video again with the Drop Down Notification Bar then you can play back the video you want to see / listen to.
8. Please turn off your phone screen, then the YouTube video will still sound.
So that’s how to play YouTube videos with a dead Android phone screen, I hope this tutorial is useful.
You also need to know about how to play youtube videos with screen off on Xiaomi as described previously by DroidBeep. If you found this guide helpful, let us know in the comments.