The other day I bought a new Kyocera Hydro Icon specifically for Android development and guess what, I rooted the device on the first day. This is the most safest and noob-friendly method to root your Hydro Icon. Yes, I have tested this method on my own device and I did not soft-brick it in the process.
KingRoot is one of the most reliable rooting methods for Kyocera Hydro Icon because of its ease of use, simple interface and the ability to root a variety of Android devices. This rooting software is extensively tested by thousands of Android users all over the world. Aside from that, this is probably the safest method to root your Android device.
Benefits of rooting your Android device
- Backup Android system and apps – Android by default create a backup of contacts and some settings but with root access, you will be able to create a complete backup of your Android including apps and app data, making it easy for you to switch phones.
- Block advertisements – Majority of ad blockers for Android works pretty well only if they are granted root access to the system directory because that is exactly where they place the ad blocking files, which results in an advertisement blocking in all apps including games.
Root Kyocera Hydro Icon Using Kingroot
- Enter your phone’s browser: kingroot.net.
- Install Kingroot. This can be done through..”Unknown Sources“ under Menu -> Settings -> Applications).
- If your phone is unrooted, you can see the prompt saying that “Root access is unavailable“. Then click the button “START ROOT“.
- It will take some time to root the phone.
- When rooting, you can view the progress. When it is done, you will see the big green tick icon.
- You have now succesfully Rooted your Kyocera Hydro Icon. Check out for an application in your application drawer with the name as KingUser.
- Your Kyocera Hydra Icon is now rooted and you can confirm it using Root Checker on your device. If it says you’re rooted, you’re good to go.
As your device is now rooted, you can download and install various root-only apps on it. These apps provide you with functionalities like changing the system files, replacing default sound files with custom ones, and so on. There’s really a lot of things you can do on your device once you’re rooted.