The YIOS 5.1.1 custom ROM for the Redmi 2 has been developed by Aromer. The ROM is actually just an Unofficial CM 12.1 port, as YIOS simply means ‘unofficial CyanogenMod’. So this ROM is basically just plain vanilla CM 12.1 with no additional features or tweaks. The ROM is currently stable around but there are a few minor bugs and issues that need to be fixed.
However, even now you could use this ROM as a daily driver if you can live with the minor bugs and issues. Feedback on the ROM from users is quite positive so far, so this is one of the best ROMs currently available for the Redmi 2 if you wish to try out the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop version on your device.
How to install ROM YIOS Lollipop for Redmi 2:
- Download Latest YIOS 5.1.1 Lollipop for REdmi 2 from here.
- Copy the downloaded files to the (Root directory of) your sd-card.
- Reboot your device to Custom Recovery
- [Optional but, Recommended] Do a Nandroid Backup or TWRP backup of your current ROM.
- Now from recovery main menu and select Wipe Data option.
- Confirm data wipe by selecting Yes.
- Now flash this YIOS rom using clockwork mod recovery, Philz or TWRP. Follow these steps :
– Choose Install Zip From Sd Card option.
– Select Choose Zip From SD Card option.
– Now select the rom downloaded earlier.
- Confirm the installation and wait till the rom is installed on you handset.
- Reboot your smartphone now and wait for it to boot into normal mode.
After the Redmi 2 boots back, you will notice that the device is now running on YIOS Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM. To check the Android OS version that your device runs on, go to Settings->About Phone.