If you have been using the Nexbit Robin for a while, then I am sure you will be interested in getting a fresh new experience onyour phone. The way you can improve your phone’s performance and get lots of new features is by instaling a customROM. Even if you are happy with the user interface on your Nexbit Robin, I am sure installing a custom ROM will help you make the most out of your phone. If you’re looking to install one of the best custom ROMs on the Nexbit Robin, then continue reading to find out how to install LineageOS custom ROM on Nexbit Robin!
Like most other user-friendly custom ROMs available in the market. The latest version of the Lineage OS available out there right now is the 14.1. The simple features that canbe tweaked according to personal taste quite easily make it popular among custom ROM lovers. Definitely worth a try if simple UI is what you are loking for.Installing custom ROMs allows you to have much more features than the company provides and also helps to provide a smoother and better interface.
Bfore proceeding with the installation process, you should keep several things in mind. In order to install a custom ROM, you will need root acces on your Nexbit Robin. You will also need a custom recovery TWRP installed in order to flash the LinageOS ROM on your Robin. Installing a custom ROM and rooting your phone are both risky and you should only continue at your own responsbility.
How To Install LineageOS Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Nexbit Robin
- Download Android 7.1.2 Lineage OS custom ROM Nexbit Robin and Google Apps 7 .1.1 Nougat for Nexbit.
- Boot in to TWRP Mode
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the lineage-14.1-20170724-nightly-ether-signed.zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Now Install the Open Google Apps Package. Go back to the main menu of the custom recovery and tap Install again. Navigate to the Open Gapps zip file that you transferred to your Nextbit in Step 6.
- Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, and then select “Reboot System” button.
If you’re looking for other ROMs for the Nexbit Robin, then you can read my list of the 5 best custom ROMs for the Nexbit Robin. Follow all the instructions properly on how to install LineageOS custom ROM on nexbit robin and feel free to ask any questions below.