This is beyond any doubt one of the best custom ROM for HTC U11 and has a wonderful developer behind it. LeeDrOiD ROM is based on the stock HTC U11 Sense 9.0 and comes with Android 7.1 Nougat and supports all International networks carriers. This ROM has amazing battery life, is fast and stable and is even tweaked for better performance.
It is a rooted ROM that is also Deodexed and zip-aligned. The developer has also cleaned up bloat found on the smartphone and installed BusyBox. There are a lot of under the hood tweaks to the ROM though, the developer has removed software rendering and made the ROM fully optimized and tweaked.
I highly recommend that you do a thorough backup of your smartphone before flashing a new ROM on it. It is also advised that you read the ROM’s instructions clearly and completely. Some custom ROMs need special steps to ensure stable performance, make sure that you know those before taking the final plunge into awesomeness. The custom ROMs for HTC U11 are in the order of popularity, check out!.
A quick whistle stop tour of flashing a custom build
- For the best experience, please make sure you have the latest HTC U11 firmware installed prior to installing this ROM. The current ROM base is 1.03.401.6
- Unlock your device bootloader via HTC Dev
- Flash the latest TWRP custom recovery
- Boot to Recovery (Volume down + Power > Bootloader > Recovery) – START IN READ ONLY MODE
- Nandroid backup your entire stock system IMAGE & boot.img to your External SD Card
- Reboot to recovery and swipe to allow modifications
- Copy the latest LeeDrOiD_ROM.zip to your External SD Card
- Optional wipe: Boot to Twrp > Select Wipe > Select Format Data > Type yes when prompted
- In TWRP select install, locate and select the LeeDrOiD ROM zip on your external SD & follow the prompts.
- First boot will take approximately 5 minutes due to Art optimization
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to talk to me in the comments below. Do tell us about your personal experience with the LeeDroid ROM. I’ll love to hear your thoughts.