How To Install Android 8.1 OREO Based LineageOS 15.1 On Samsung Galaxy S7 (Exynos).
In this article, we’ll describe how you can install Android OREO Beta ROM on Galaxy S7. As we all know that Samsung Galaxy S7 has not received any official Android Oreo update So if you’re looking for some Oreo love, you might be quite disappointed with Samsung right now. But don’t worry, you can Install Android Oreo Based LineageOS 15.1 and can enjoy the new and amazing features on your Galaxy S7.
But, according to Ivan_Meler. the developer, the Lineageos build for Samsung Galaxy S7 based on Oreo is currently only in the BETA stage.
If you want to have the latest version of Android then you can try the ROM. We will list out the Known bugs as well as the guide to install the ROM so that you can try out the latest version of Android at the earliest.
Installing third-party mods and ROMs on your device voids your warranty and is also a risky endeavor. Neither Droidbeep nor the developer of this ROM can be held responsible for any harm that comes to your device. Make sure you understand the responsibility is your own if you decide to proceed with the installation. That said, several users have successfully tested the ROM following the procedure mentioned below.
Though we are dealing here only with the installation of the Lineage OS 15 ROM on Galaxy S7, the precautions given here applies to all. By taking these precautions, you can avoid any unwelcome situation.
- Fully charge your device.
- Make sure that you have backed up the Contacts, Messages, Call Log entries, app settings, APN details, etc.
- Turn on the USB Debugging Mode on your device: Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging> ON.
– mali drivers
– USB tethering
– Video Playback
– Fingerprint Sensor
– Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
– Buttons and their backlight
– Wifi HotSpot
– 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
– Stuff I didn’t test yet
– HW encoding/decoding
– Charging with device powered off
– HWcomposer (HWC)
– GPS not working
INSTALL ANDROID 8.1 OREO ROM ON Samsung Galaxy S7 (Exynos)
- Download LineageOS 15.1 ROM Android 8.1 Oreo
- Now, Power Off your Galaxy S7. Press and hold “Volume UP + Power + Home” button together and as soon as you see Galaxy S7 Boot logo, release all three buttons.
- Once you are in TWRP recovery, wipe data and factory reset your device
- Once completed with the factory reset, select the downloaded zip file of the LineageOS ROM and swipe to install the ROM.
- Once the process of installing the ROM is finished on your device, reboot your device normally
- Once the device is booted up, you will have the latest version of Android, Android 8.1 Oreo-based on LineageOS ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7.
The LineageOS Oreo ROM should now be installed on you Galaxy S7. Enjoy the new ROM and share your experience with us. Cheers!!!