Do you need to reset your Galaxy A20s to factory settings to improve performance or fix problems? In this guide, we’ll show you two ways to complete this task on Samsung A20s.
The Samsung A20s flaunts a 6.5 inches (720 x 1560 pixels) HD+ TFT display with 264ppi as pixel density and Corning Gorilla Glass on top of it for protection.
The handset is loaded with 3GB of RAM and a 1.8 GHz Octa-Core processor seated in a Snapdragon 450 chipset. It also equips an Adreno 506 GPU to handle gaming and multimedia department. It operates on the Android 9.0 integrated with its own ONE UI for customization. It comes with 32GB of internal storage that can be increased up to a limit of 64GB via microSD cards.
If your phone is malfunctioning and slow then factory reset can help you solve the problem. The process of resetting the Galaxy A20s is much different from other phones. There are 3 new resetting methods in this post — factory, hard and lock screen reset. Let’s find out the best way to reset your Galaxy A20s.
Bypass Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung A20s
If you’ve forgotten or lost your screen lock pattern, password, fingerprint and pin, you can try hard resetting the Galaxy A20s. If you’re still unsuccessful after several attempts, the only way to unlock your device is to reset via Samsung or Google find my device.
In order for Find My Device to help you reset your phone screen lock, your smartphone needs to be turned on, connected to a Google or Samsung Account and the internet.
Unlock Screen with Google Find My Device
- Open https://www.google.com/android/find and then sign in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Samsung A20s from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the “Erase Data” option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung Galaxy A20s from the menu on the left.
- Choose the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Choose the ‘Eraseʼ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Factory Reset Samsung A20s via Settings
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Touch the ‘Settingsʼ icon.
- Touch ˊGeneral managementˋ.
- Touch “Reset”.
- Touch ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- Tap “RESET”.
- Press ‘DELETE ALLʼ. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Galaxy A20s and prepare it for use.
- Head into your ‘Settingsʼ and scroll down the page to ˊGeneral managementˋ.
- Tap on ‘Resetʼ.
- Tap ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- Scroll down the page and select ˊResetˋ.
- This is the final step, so be sure that you want to go through with it. If you are, then tap “DELETE ALL”.
- After the reset, the Samsung Galaxy A20s will reboot to the initial setup screen.
Hard Reset Samsung A20s
- Turn off your Samsung A20s and wait a few seconds.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume up and Power buttons until the device vibrates and the Android Recovery screen appears then release all buttons.
- From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset.
- Use the Volume Down button to highlight Wipe data/factory reset and then press the power key to select it.
- Press the Volume Down button once to highlight Yes and press the power key to select it.
- The reset will commence and once it’s finished, highlight Reboot system now and press the power key.
- Wait for your phone to finish rebooting and then set up your phone as a new device.
The Samsung Galaxy A20s is yet another feature-packed release with well thought out specifications. From the large screen that delivers great visuals, to the cameras delivering aesthetic photos. It is a capable device in its respective segment without much compromise in terms of specifications and pricing.
I hope that this article will help you in solving any of the problems you might be facing with the smartphone. Check out some tips and tricks such as how to bypass google account on Samsung Galaxy A20s.