You may want to reset Samsung M10S to its original or default settings, in case it is not functioning properly, getting stuck or bothering you with error messages. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory reset of Samsung M10S.
The Samsung M10S has a 6.4-inch Super Amoled HD+ (720 x 1560 pixels) display and Corning Gorilla Glass on top of it for protection. For photography, the main camera with 13MP + 5MP resolution captures sharp clear images and can record up to 1,080p videos. Coming to the front shooter is an 8MP camera.
Inside the device, there are Octa-Core processors 2×1.6 GHz ARM Cortex A73+ 6×1.6 GHz ARM Cortex A53. It is coupled with 3GB of RAM and ARM Mali-G71 GPU. The handset boots on Android 9.0 operating system, customised with ONE UI. In terms of storage, the phone houses 32GB internal memory, which can be increased up to 128GB using a microSD card.
If your phone is misbehaving and lagging, then a factory reset can help you solve the issue. The process of resetting the Samsung M10S is a lot different than other phones. There are 3 new resetting methods in this post — factory, hard and remote reset. Let’s find out the best way to reset your Galaxy M10S.
Unlock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung M10S
If you’re trying to reset your Samsung M10S because you’ve forgotten your lock screen pattern, password, fingerprint and pin, there are a couple of options to reset lock screen your phone remotely.
With both of the following options however, the device needs to be turned on, and it needs some kind of network connection; whether it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data.
Unlock Screen via Google Find My Device
- Go to Find My Device and then sign in with your Google email and password.
- Select the Samsung M10S from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the ˊErase Dataˋ option from the action menu.
- Select ‘Erase Deviceʼ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen use Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open Find My Mobile and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Galaxy M10S from the menu on the left.
- Choose the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Choose the “Erase” button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Hard Reset Samsung M10S from Recovery
If you are unable to perform a factory data reset on yourSamsung Galaxy M10S using the phone settings for some reasons, you can try the hard reset method. Just follow the steps given below.
- Ensure that the Galaxy M10S is powered off.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume up and Power buttons until the device vibrates and the Android Recovery screen appears then release all buttons.
- From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset.
- Use the Volume Down button to highlight Wipe data/factory reset and then press the power key to select it.
- Press the Volume Down button once to highlight Yes and press the power key to select it.
- The reset will commence and once it’s finished, highlight Reboot system now and press the power key.
- Wait for your phone to finish rebooting and then set up your phone as a new device.
Factory Reset Samsung M10S from Settings
The quickest and easiest way to reset the Samsung Galaxy M10S is through the settings menu on the device. It is very simple and easy to do within a few steps.
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Tap the ˊSettingsˋ icon.
- Press ‘General managementʼ.
- Touch “Reset”.
- Touch ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- Press ‘RESETʼ.
- Press “DELETE ALL”. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Samsung M10S and prepare it for use.
- Head into your “Settings” and scroll down the page to “General management”.
- Tap on ‘Resetʼ.
- Tap ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- Scroll down the page and select “Reset”.
- This is the final step, so be sure that you want to go through with it. If you are, then tap ‘DELETE ALLʼ.
- After the reset, the Galaxy M10S will reboot to the initial setup screen.
The Samsung Galaxy M10S is a high quality device which delivers great performance in every aspect. The metallic body, great design and robust configuration will draw the attention of consumers who seek a powerful device. Considering all the attributes and the features of the device one can safely say it is one the best device in its budget.
Most of the problems that the Samsung Galaxy M10S has, although not listed above, can usually be fixed by reset. Look forward to other articles such as how to root Samsung Galaxy M10S which will be coming soon.