If you are facing issues such as frequent freezing, abrupt reboots, and performance deterioration over time, you can reset Xiaomi Redmi Y1 to declutter your phone from useless files and apps.
The Redmi Y1 flaunts a superb bezel-less display, which has a 5.5inch display and a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. It has IPS LCD display type that features a Corning Gorilla Glass from fifth gen. The 267 PPI density adds sharpness to the content, provide a crisp visual experience one would admire.
The smartphone comes with an Octa-Core (8×1.4GHz ARM Cortex A53) processor, which is seated upon the Snapdragon 435 MSM8940 chip. It has an Adreno 505 GPU and a 3GB RAM that enhance the overall user experience. To store files, apps, games, pictures, movies and data, there is an inbuilt storage of 32GB.
Three Easy Ways to Reset Xiaomi Redmi Y1
If you want to sell your Redmi Y1 and you want to delete everything from your smartphone within no time, then you can go for factory reset and all your data will be erased. The method is very basic and easy to understand for all the Xiaomi devices because a layman can do it without product knowledge.
This will reset the device to the factory default state and it will clear out the memory buffers and reset the device and application data. Ensure any personal data is backed up.
Reset passcode or pattern lock Xiaomi Redmi Y1
- Log into Find My Device with your Google Account (email) and password.
- Select the Xiaomi Redmi Y1 from the menu on the left.
- Select the Erase Device option from below the device information.
- Select the Erase button on the popup.
- Enter your Google Account password to confirm and send the task to your Redmi Y1.
Factory reset Xiaomi Redmi Y1 from Settings
- Go to the Home screen and choose Settings.
- Scroll down and choose Additional settings.
- Choose Backup & reset.
- Choose Erase all data (factory reset).
- Tap Reset phone.
- All data and settings saved on the phone will be deleted.
- The Redmi Y1 will automatically reset and reboot.
Hard reset Xiaomi Redmi Y1 via Recovery
- Turn off your Redmi Y1 and wait a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Volume Up, and Power buttons until you see the XIAOMI logo.
- Wait a few seconds.
- Navigate with the volume buttons to Wipe data and confirm with the Power button.
- Navigate to Wipe All Data and confirm with the Power button.
- Allow several seconds for the factory data reset to complete.
- Your Xiaomi Redmi Y1 will now reset.
The Redmi Y1 is a mid-ranged device from Xiaomi that offers users the best features and a premium smartphone experience. The remarkable cameras take rich pictures with much detail and appreciable color reproduction. It has a massive battery capacity which can provide enough power to give day-long backup. The metallic body, great design and robust configuration will draw the attention of consumers who seek a powerful device.
If you run into a serious problem, especially one involving hardware, the best solution is probably to contact the manufacturer or retailer support for your phone. If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to talk to us in the comments. For other tips and tricks such as bypass factory reset protection on Xiaomi Redmi Y1, we will publish it soon.