A new Resurrection Remix Android v7.1.2 Nougat has been made available to Moto’s 2013 flagship mid-range smartphone Moto G. However, there are numerous custom ROMs on the Internet, which enables you to make sleek customisation and performance enhancing tweaks on the phone.
This new Resurrection Remix custom ROM is about 396 in size and is based on the AOSP (Android Open Source Project) Nougat OS. It is said to bring bug fixes, customisation options to boost device performance, new visual interface, shortcut for easy access to key apps and loads of personalisation options.
The ROM is reportedly lightweight and slick. It does not include any bloatware or unwanted background programs. So, you can go ahead and customise, optimise, or personalise your handset to suit your individual taste.
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM)
- Though installing custom ROM improves the device’s performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future (users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM).
- This new Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.2 Nougat firmware has to be installed on the Moto G (aka Falcon) model only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- You must back up your important data and settings as this procedure requires you to wipe data on the phone, besides formatting it. Livedroid reminds readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to device during or after the installation of Resurrection Remix ROM. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Make sure your device has more than 50 percent battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted in the mid-way.
Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation.
ROMS should contain everything you need to enjoy Nougat. You are not required to install any Add Ons, simply download the latest ROM, gapps, flash it, and go!
How to install Android 7.1.2 Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 ROM on Moto G (FALCON)
- Download Android 7.1.2 Resurrection Remix OS custom ROM and Google Apps 7.1 Nougat for Moto G.
- Power off the phone and Wait a few seconds and then press the volume up and volume down buttons along with the power button at the same time for about 3, or 4 seconds.Release the buttons.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the Resurrection Remix ROM .zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Repeat Step 3 to install Google Apps (Gapps) as well.
- Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, and then select “Reboot System” button.
That’s it. Your Motorola Moto G is now running Android 7.1.2 update via Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 ROM.
Tell us how things worked for you and share your Android experience with us and with other users by using the comments field from down below.