If you are looking to control performance yourself, along with many other opportunities to customize. Summon your powers through the pie controls. And finally, now you don’t have to feel left out of ViperOS. It’s available for the Moto G4 Plus, and it’s been a long time coming.
Hands down, the OS is the most important software on your Moto G4 Plus. It has the enormous task of managing all of the hardware and software. It’s similar to a parnt–making sure that each program gets the resources and plays nice with one another. Without your Operating System, your Moto G4 Plus loses all intelligence.
Before you go ahead and install the Android 7.1.2 Nougat-based ViperOS 2.1 ROM on your Moto G4 Plus, you must ensure that your smartphone has an unlocked bootloader. You’ll also need root access and TWRP custom recovery installed on your Moto G4 Plus.
How to install Android 7.1.2 ViperOS 3.1 ROM on Moto G4 Plus
- Download the necessary ViperOS ROM from this link.
- Copy the downloaded ROM and Google apps (Gapps) zip files to the phone’s SD card.
- Power off your Moto G4 Plus and boot it into TWRP mode
- Once entering the TWRP settings menu, clear the phone’s memory (full) by selecting ‘Wipe‘ option. Once done, select – ‘Swipe to Factory Reset‘ perform factory reset
- Return to TWRP settings and and hit the Install button by the selecting Viper-athene-7.1.2-Python-v2.1-20170702-OFFICIAL.zip file in the phone’s memory downloaded from PC
- Come back to TWRP menu setting to approve the installation by tapping ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash‘
- Flashing of the custom ROM begins and after few minutes, a message ‘Successful‘ appears on the screen, thus completing installation.
- Wait until the ROM installation is complete, and then flash Gapps open_gapps-arm-7.1-nano-20170621.zip.
- After flashing Gapps, your Moto G4 Plus will reboot automatically into the newly installed firmware.
Performing all the above installations, our Moto G4 Plus is now ready with the best custom ROM and Android 7.1.2 update.