Finally a popular ROM ViperOS has stepped ahead and released Android 7.1.2 Nougat builds for ASUS Zenfone Max. The ViperOS Nougat ROM for Zenfone Max (Z010D) is packed with all the latest features of stock Nougat firmware so if you are a proud owner of ASUS Zenfone Max (Z010D) then you can easily update your device on Android 7.1 Nougat ViperOS ROM right away following this guide.
Many users have tested this ViperOS 2.0 ROM on their devices and found it more smooth and stable. Please note that the ASUS Zenfone Max should be rooted and the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP is installed on phone in order to flash the ROM and Google Apps zipped files. Additionally, the bootloader of your phone must be unlocked, otherwise you’ll not be able to install custom ROMs.
- To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model number. in “About device” option under Settings. Another way to confirm model numbero. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be Z010D!
- Do not use the procedures discussed here on any other ASUS Zenfone Max variant or any other device of ASUS or any other company. You have been warned!
- Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
- You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
How to install Android 7.1.2 ViperOS 2.0 ROM on ASUS Zenfone Max (Z010D)
- Download the necessary ViperOS ROM from this link.
- Copy the downloaded ROM and Google apps (Gapps) zip files to the phone’s SD card.
- Power off your Vibe K4 and boot it into TWRP mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons until the recovery screen comes up.
- Once entering the TWRP settings menu, clear the phone’s memory (full) by selecting ‘Wipe‘ option. Once done, select – ‘Swipe to Factory Reset‘ perform factory reset
- Return to TWRP settings and and hit the Install button by the selecting Viper-Z010D-7.1.2-Python-v2.1-20170630-OFFICIAL.zip file in the phone’s memory downloaded from PC
- Come back to TWRP menu setting to approve the installation by tapping ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash‘
- Flashing of the custom ROM begins and after few minutes, a message ‘Successful‘ appears on the screen, thus completing installation.
- Wait until the ROM installation is complete, and then flash Gapps open_gapps-arm64-7.1-nano-20170621.zip.
- After flashing Gapps, your Zenfone Max will reboot automatically into the newly installed firmware.
That’s it! You have successfully installed Android 7.1 Nougat via ViperOS 2.0 ROM on Zenfone Max. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.