Good news for Samsung Galaxy S6 users, Now LineageOS 14.1 Nougat for Galaxy S6 G920/G925f is available for download. XDA Senior Member UltraGamerHD posted the Unofficial LineageOS 14 for Galaxy S6 G920/G925f. If you would like to try LineageOS on your device, head over to the download section.
The LineageOS ROM is one of the stable ROMs available for Galaxy S6. The Rom comes with a lot of features as well as apps with it but thankfuly they are all moldable to your own liking. The ROM gives a lot of choices when it comes to customization and if you like personalization, this ROM will be the best one for you. If you want to change the way your Samsung Galaxy S6, then you should definitely install a LineageOS ROM. Aside from getting lots of awesome features, your phone’s performance and battery life will also improve.
- The download files and instructions provided in this tutorial are meant for the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920/G925f model only. Do not attempt installing this ROM on any other variant as it could bootloop.
- Ensure your phone is rooted and custom recovery TWRP installed.
How to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat LineageOS ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920/G925f
- Download Android 7.1.2 Lineage OS custom ROM Samsung S6 and Google Apps 7 .1.1 Nougat for Samsung S6.
- Turn Off the Power to Your S6 and Wait a few seconds and then press the volume up and volume down buttons along with the power button at the same time for about 3, or 4 seconds.Release the buttons.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the LineageOSS ROM .zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Now Install the Open Google Apps Package. Go back to the main menu of the custom recovery and tap Install again. Navigate to the Open Gapps zip file that you transferred to your Samsung in Step 6.
- Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, and then select “Reboot System” button.
Thanks for reading how to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy S6 and I hope that this tutorial has helped you. Tell us how things worked for you and share your Android experience with us and with other users by using the comments field from down below.