An unofficial build of CynogenMod 14 (CM14) is now available for LG G5. CM14.1 for the LG G5 H850 & H830 is created by XDA Developer Forum’s recognised senior member King_lilrowrow. In addition to Nougat features, it will also come with exclusive themes, wallpapers and also performance tweaks to enhance user experience.
What’s Not Working
– Portable Hotspot
Coming to the installation part, it is recommended to use TWRP 3.0.2 recovery if you want to flash this CM14 ROM on your LG G5. You can install the ROM following the usual procedure what you do for any other custom build. For detailed instructions check out the guide below.
Droidbeep and its authors are no way responsible for any loss of your device if it doesn’t respond or works properly, it is your sole responsibility to root, flash stock roms/custom roms, install custom recoveries. Please be advised that such things are meant for advanced users who knows how to deal with such instances. We at Droidbeep tend to share resourceful things with our users and we intend no harm on someones property or product, we credit the author/s rightfully and respect their hard-work. If you feel that we have missed something then please use the contact page for it and let us know.
How To Install CM14 For LG G5
- Download CM14.1 ROM For LG G5 H850 And LG G5 H830 (T-Mobile US)
- Turn off / Switch your phone
- Once entering the TWRP settings menu, selecting ‘Wipe‘ option. Once done, select – ‘Swipe to Factory Reset‘ perform factory reset
- Return to TWRP settings and tap ‘Install‘ by the selecting .Zip file in the phone’s memory downloaded from PC
- And approve the installation by tapping ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash‘
- Flashing of the custom ROM begins and after few minutes, a message ‘Successful‘ appears on the screen, thus completing installation.