Like the Lenovo A6000 phones, the Redmi 2 can runs a custom Lenovo ROM called the Vibe UI 2.0. It is based on Android 4.4 KitKat. Like Xiaomi’s famed MIUI it essentially ditches the Android app drawer for something simpler like Apple’s iOS. So, one ends up with a springboard of apps and widgets spread across multiple pages. If you want to install Vibe UI On Redmi 2, You can check this tutorial.
There may be a few minor bugs here and there but yet the amazing features of the ROM fill up that void. So, what are we waiting for then? Let’s get going and flash VibeUI on Redmi 2.
– Video Recording
– Widget Weather all city
– Option LTE Recommended on setting preffered network
UMS – USB Mass Storage
SIM 2 only 2G
How to install VibeUI on Redmi 2
- Download Latest VibeUI build for REdmi 2 from here.
- Download gapps for Redmi 2 from here
- Copy the downloaded files to the (Root directory of) your sd-card.
- Reboot your device to Custom Recovery
- [Optional but, Recommended] Do a Nandroid Backup or TWRP backup of your current ROM.
- Now from recovery main menu and select Wipe Data option.
- Confirm data wipe by selecting Yes.
- Now flash this Vibeui rom using clockwork mod recovery, Philz or TWRP. Follow these steps :
– Choose Install Zip From Sd Card option.
– Select Choose Zip From SD Card option.
– Now select the rom downloaded earlier.
- Confirm the installation and wait till the rom is installed on you handset.
- Flash the gapps as well in the similar way.
- Reboot System