With the help of XDA Senior Member Firelord, we now have an official build of LineageOS 14.1 available for the Moto G 2015. Everything seems to be working as it should, but you’ll want to submit logs to the LineageOS JIRA page if you find any bugs.
The new LineageOS 14.1 custom ROM is based on the latest Android Nougat OS. It is around 316MB in size and brings Doze battery saving feature, new security boot feature and other value-added features enhancing performance and user-experience on Moto G 2015.
RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
Camcorder (Works on Google Camera)
HDR may be broken on third party apps
Please consider the following aspects before starting the installation, in order to avoid any issues or damaging your phone:
- The ROM you’re about to install works just for the Moto G 2015 only, so don’t try it on other devices.
- The process will completely erase the data on your phone, so we strongly recommend taking a complete backup and just then proceed.
- Check the battery level! It need to be around 50-70%, so you can prevent an accidental shutdown, in-between the process.
- Follow the steps below correctly, make sure you do not skip any of them.
How to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat LineAge OS 14.1 ROM on Motorola Moto G 2015 (OSPREY)
- Download Android 7.1.2 lineage OS 14 custom ROM (Nightly) and Google Apps 7.1.2 Nougat for Moto G 2015.
- Power off the phone and Wait a few seconds and then press the volume up and volume down buttons along with the power button at the same time for about 3, or 4 seconds.Release the buttons.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the lineage-14.1-20180609-nightly-osprey-signed.zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Repeat Step 3 to install Google Apps (Gapps) as well.
- Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, and then select “Reboot System” button.
Now, your device (Moto G 2015) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users then head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of Lineage os Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM.
Thanks for reading how to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat Lineageos 14 on Moto G 2015 and I hope that this tutorial has helped you.