Here is how to unlock bootloader the 3G and LTE variants of the 2nd gen Moto E (2015). Motorola Moto E (Gen 2) smartphone with 4.50-inch 540×960 display powered by 1.2GHz processor alongside 1GB RAM and 5-megapixel rear camera.
How To Unlock Bootloader on Motorola Moto E (2nd gen)
- You must Enable “Developer options” in your phone by tapping 5 or 6 times on the Build number in Settings >> About phone. Hit back once and choose Developer options; check the box for USB debugging.
- Download the minimal ADB and Fastboot and install the program on the computer.
- In the command window, type the following;
adb reboot bootloader
- Press Enter
- This will reboot your device into bootloader mode
- Type the second command:
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- And Press Enter
- You will see a long string of code on the display.
- Right-click the mouse and select “Mark” to copy that code. You want to copy the strong code only which is to the right of where it says
- Select this unclock code and click “Enter” to copy this entire code
- Paste the code in Notepad.
- Go to the beginning of line 2 and press backspace to join it with the first line. Do that with all lines so the code is joined entirely.
- Next step Now move on to the Motorola Unlocking Bootloader page.
- Continue to sign in to your Motorola account, or If you activated your device with a Google account, sign in with that same account.
- You need to paste this code on 6th step. And click the “Can my device be unlocked?”.
- Select “I agree” and Press the “request unlock key” button
- Check youe Email. You will get a 20 digit code in your mail.
- Copy that code and paste in the command prompt opened as mentioned below and “Enter”.
fastboot oem unlock your unique code