The UPDATE.APP file is associated with Google Android smart phones developed by Huawei, The UPDATE.APP file stores archive that contains updated firmware data and *.img file. If you’re an phone modder, haxxor, or just an enthusiast that has access to their phone’s UPDATE.APP file and would like to have a copy of the actual partitions stored within, this will let you.
Huawei Update Extractor are easily extractable, as there is software available currently for that but until today there was none (to my knowledge) for these UPDATE.APP files.
How do I use this?
- Extract the content of the zip to a folder somewhere on your PC.
- Execute Setup.exe
- Press the browse (…) button and select an update.app file. Select a device or unknown and press on the open button.
- You’ll see the content of the update.app file in the listview.
- Select one or more files and right click. Choose Extract selected from the context menu.
- Choose the ouput folder and press OK. Or just right click on the list and select Extract all, choose the output folder again and press OK.
- Press close on the extract window.
Where can I download this?
Huawei Update Extractor [UPDATED: v0.9.9.3] by worstenbrood