There are a variety of reasons why you may need to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017). You installed too many apps and just need to start clean. You may also be selling your phone or fixing some other problem. Here’s how to factory reset your Galaxy A7 (2017).
The Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) flaunts a 5.7-inch bezel-less display having a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels along with a pixel density of 386 PPI. It provides a crisp and sharp view with stunning colour reproduction. The 16:9 aspect ratio adds sharpness to the content while the Corning Gorilla Glass protects the display from any physical glitch.
Under the hood, the smartphone packs an Exynos 7 Octa 7880 chipset on which, Octa-Core processor runs at a speed of 1.9 GHz. It is further combines with ARM Mali-T830MP3 and a 3GB ram that enhance the gaming experience.
The Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) is a great device to use on the go or when you need to do some light computing. If your device isn’t running well, or you simply want to wipe it clean for a resale, the process is simple. This is how to factory reset your phone.
[box type=”info” align=”” class=”” width=””]All data saved on your smartphone is deleted when you perform a factory reset. All apps are uninstalled. Back up all important files, either on the Web or with an external storage device, before resetting the phone.[/box]
Hard Reset Samsung A7 (2017) via Recovery
If your Samsung smartphone becomes unresponsive or doesnʼt perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset to return it to the factory default state.
- Ensure that the Samsung A7 (2017) is powered off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Home keys.
- Press and hold the Power key until the device vibrates, then release it. Keep pressing the Volume Up and Home keys the entire time.
- When you see the Android Recovery screen, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to Wipe data/factory reset, then use the Power key to select it.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to Yes, then use the Power key to select it.
Factory Reset Samsung A7 (2017)
The quickest and easiest way to reset the Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) is through the settings menu on the device. Please follow the instructions below.
- Go into the “Settings”.
- Tap “Backup and reset”.
- Tap on ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- Tap on ‘Reset Deviceʼ.
- Enter in your lock screen credentials and then tap on ˊContinueˋ.
- Confirm you understand that all data will be erased by tapping on ‘Erase Everythingʼ.
- Your device will restart and begin the Factory Data Reset.
- Swipe up or down to view the “Apps”.
- Touch ‘Settingsʼ.
- Scroll to and touch “General management”.
- Touch ˊResetˋ.
- Touch ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- Read the warning, then scroll to and touch ˊRESETˋ.
- If you’re prompted for screen lock credentials, enter your PIN/password/pattern and touch “NEXT”.
- Touch ‘DELETE ALLʼ.
- The Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) will automatically reset and reboot.
Unlock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung A7 (2017)
If you’re trying to reset your Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) because you’ve forgotten your lock screen pattern, password, fingerprint and pin, there are a couple of options to reset lock screen your phone remotely.
With both of the following options however, the device needs to be turned on, and it needs some kind of network connection; whether it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data.
Reset Lock Screen use Google Find My Device
- Open Find My Device and then sign in with your Google Account and password.
- Choose the Galaxy A7 (2017) from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the ˊErase Dataˋ option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen use Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open Find My Mobile and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Galaxy A7 (2017) from the menu on the left.
- Choose the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Select the ‘Eraseʼ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
The Samsung A7 (2017) is a mid ranged smartphone with its foremost strength being a powerful front camera for selfies equipped with flash which provides great pictures. The device has a good display and a satisfactory battery performance and proves to be a good reliable device at this budget.
Most of the problems that the Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) has, although not listed above, can usually be fixed by reset. Check out some tips and tricks such as how to bypass google account on Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) which will be coming soon.