In this post, we will look at to what extent a Galaxy J2 Core user can bring the original settings back to achieve super fast processing speed and best system performance. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory reset of Samsung Galaxy J2 Core.
The Samsung Galaxy J2 Core comes wrapped in a cool aluminium frame and features a 5inch qHD display with a resolution 540 x 960 pixels at 220 PPI. To ensure that the users have access to uninterrupted entertainment, it is powered by a 2600 mAh, li-ion battery.
It has a Quad-Core 1.4 GHz processor coupled with 1GB of RAM and runs on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. It has an internal memory of 8GB and can be expanded to up to 128GB to store ample songs, videos, photos etc.
A reset is recommended before giving away or selling the device, and in some cases for troubleshooting. You can either do a factory reset or a hard reset.
The former can be done by simply accessing the Samsung phone’s settings. Sometimes that is not possible, though. If the phone isn’t working or for some reason you can’t access the settings, you can go ahead and perform a hard reset using the hardware buttons.
Hard Reset Samsung J2 Core via Recovery
- Turn off your Galaxy J2 Core and wait a few seconds.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” and “Power” keys.
- When you see the Android Recovery screen, release the keys.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to “Wipe data/factory reset“, then use the “Power” key to select it.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to “Yes“, then use the “Power” key to select it.
Factory Reset Samsung J2 Core
Are you sending your Samsung Galaxy J2 Core in for repair or giving it to a friend or family member? If you need to wipe your phone’s data for any reason, you can perform a reset from settings menu. It is very simple and easy to do within a few steps.
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Tap “General management” and then tap Reset.
- Tap ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- The Factory reset data screen will warn you about all the data and apps that are about to be erased.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap ˊResetˋ.
- Tap “Next”.
- You will need to enter your pin to proceed.
- Tap on ˊDelete Allˋ.
- The Samsung Galaxy J2 Core will automatically reset and reboot.
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Tap the ‘Settingsʼ icon.
- Press “General management”.
- Tap ‘Resetʼ.
- Press ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- Press “RESET”.
- Touch ˊDELETE ALLˋ. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Samsung J2 Core and prepare it for use.
Bypass Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung J2 Core
If you forgot your Galaxy J2 Core lock screen pattern, password, fingerprint and pin, but you have setting up Samsung account or Google account before, you can easily to bypass lock screen remotely by Find My Mobile / Device service on computer.
With both of the following options however, the device needs to be turned on, and it needs some kind of network connection; whether it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data.
Unlock Screen use Google Find My Device
- Go to https://www.google.com/android/find and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Choose the Samsung J2 Core from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the ˊErase Dataˋ option from the action menu.
- Select ‘Erase Deviceʼ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Galaxy J2 Core from the menu on the left.
- Choose the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Choose the ˊEraseˋ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
[box type=”info” align=”” class=”” width=””]Performing a hard and factory reset will wipe all data like your files, contacts, call log, messages stored on the internal storage and all 3rd-party apps and app updates.[/box]
The final word
The Samsung Galaxy J2 Core is yet another feature-packed release with well thought out specifications. From the large screen that delivers great visuals, to the cameras delivering aesthetic photos. The powerful configuration also means you will have a snappy, clutter-free experience on this device, regardless of what you are doing.
However, no matter how great the smartphone is, potential problems are always on. When your smartphone is going through a tough time, it’s usually better to reset.