There are many reasons you’ll want to reset your Samsung Galaxy J6 (2018), and there are many different methods to do so. Here you’ll learn about three different levels of resetting your Samsung Galaxy J6 (2018).
The Samsung J6 (2018) features a 5.6inch HD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. The phone comes with 32GB of inbuilt storage along with a microSD card slot to increase the storage further up to 64GB.
In terms of performance, the Galaxy J6 (2018) packs a punch with a 1.6 GHz Octa-Core Exynos 7 Octa 7870 processor under the hood, aided by 3GB of RAM and ARM Mali-T830 graphics processor. It runs the latest Android 8.0 Oreo OS with Samsung Experience 9.5 on top.
Samsung Galaxy J6 (2018) interface is beautifully intuitive, handling such things as text messages and voicemail very effectively. It also has the capacity to work effortlessly with complex applications. This makes it a very attractive choice for many businesses. There are times, however, when you may find it necessary to reset your Samsung J6 (2018). It may be behaving erratically or, you may simply want to sell it. Resetting your Galaxy J6 (2018) basically erases all of your personal information from the phone.
Bypass Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung J6 (2018)
If you forgot your Samsung Galaxy J6 (2018) lock screen pattern, password, fingerprint and pin, you can easily to bypass lock screen remotely by Find My Mobile / Device service on PC.
With both of the following options however, the device needs to be turned on, and it needs some kind of network connection; whether it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data.
Unlock Screen via Google Find My Device
- Go to Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Choose the Galaxy J6 (2018) from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the ‘Erase Dataʼ option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Go to https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Samsung J6 (2018) from the menu on the left.
- Select the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Choose the ‘Eraseʼ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Hard Reset Samsung J6 (2018) from Recovery
- Ensure that the Samsung Galaxy J6 (2018) is powered off.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” and “Power” keys.
- When you see the Android Recovery screen, release the keys.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to “Wipe data/factory reset“, then use the “Power” key to select it.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to “Yes“, then use the “Power” key to select it.
Factory Reset Samsung J6 (2018) via Settings
- Open the ˊSettingsˋ app.
- Tap ˊGeneral managementˋ and then tap Reset.
- Tap ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- The Factory reset data screen will warn you about all the data and apps that are about to be erased.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap ‘Resetʼ.
- Tap “Next”.
- You will need to enter your pin to proceed.
- Tap on ˊDelete Allˋ.
- After the reset, the Samsung J6 (2018) will reboot to the initial setup screen.
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Press the ‘Settingsʼ icon.
- Tap ‘General managementʼ.
- Press ‘Resetʼ.
- Tap ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- Tap ˊRESETˋ.
- Press “DELETE ALL”. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Samsung Galaxy J6 (2018) and prepare it for use.
The final word
The Samsung Galaxy J6 (2018) is a mid-ranged device from Samsung that offers users the best features and a premium smartphone experience. The cameras on the device are great for clicking pictures under any condition. It has a massive battery capacity which can provide enough power to give day-long backup. The metallic body, great design and robust configuration will draw the attention of consumers who seek a powerful device.
If you have any thoughts you want to share on the Samsung Galaxy J6 (2018), please don’t hesitate to share them down below!. Check out some tips and tricks such as how to lock apps in Samsung Galaxy J6 (2018), we will publish it soon.