The XDA community achieving root on a new device is always cause for a little celebration, and proud owners of the LG V10 will be able to do just that now that root access has been confirmed. Brought to us by XDA Senior Member tungkick, this method employs flashing a modified .tot file via LG’s update tool. The exact methodology used by the developer is unknown at this stage, but that was to be expected since there was a bounty behind root for the device.
It should be noted that the batch file used was created for Windows PCs to begin with, and requires that the LG’s specific drivers are installed prior to use.
How To Root LG V10
1. Download this. This is my Google Drive, get it while you can. It has the LG Drivers, TOT Files, and LGUP.
2. Install the LG Drivers.
3. Extract the RAR File to get the .TOT file.
4. Unzip “lgupnew.zip”
5. Run LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.msi
7. Copy the “common” folder to “C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model”
8. Plug phone into PC. Ensure USB Debugging is enabled.
9. Run “LGUP” from your start menu.
10. Select your Phone
EDIT 10.a – Select “Upgrade” or else it will wipe your phone.
11. For the “BIN File” select the “rootedsystemvs.tot” file you extracted in step 3.
12. You’ll have root in about 3 minutes!
Note: This will install SuperSU, which will immediately need to be updated and you’ll need another reboot.
I presents instructions on how to gain root access on your LG V10 using tools from the XDA Developers Forums. The process is painless and pretty easy. This video shows you how to root your LG V10, take a moment and check this video out.