Restoring your Huawei P20 Pro to its factory condition can be a way to resolve performance issues, remove viruses or prepare it for a new owner. Using this guide, you will learn how to reset Huawei P20 Pro.
The Huawei P20 Pro flaunts a (1080 x 2240 pixels) display, boots on Android 9.0 operating system, features gorilla glass and a fingerprint sensor. For driving the phone, there are Octa-Core processors 4x 2.4 GHz ARM Cortex A73 + 4x 1.8 GHz ARM Cortex A53 seated upon a HiSilicon KIRIN 970 chipset. It is aided by 6GB of RAM and ARM Mali G72MP12 graphics engine.
The phone is armed with a 40MP + 20MP + 20MP camera at the rear and for selfie lovers, there are Triple camera cameras, comprising of 40MP + 20MP + 20MP. If not sufficient, the user can make use of the OTG cable or the memory card slot which can read microSD cards of upto 128GB.
The Huawei P20 Pro’s interface is very intuitive, handling things like text messages and voice messages very effectively. It also has the capacity to work easily with complex applications.
However, there are times when you feel the need to reset your Huawei P20 Pro. Maybe the behavior is erratic or you might just want to sell it. Resetting your Huawei P20 Pro basically erases all your personal information from the device.
Hard reset Huawei P20 Pro from Recovery
If your P20 is just stuck on the Huawei logo, you can try to reset it via recovery to solve this problem.
- Ensure that the Huawei P20 Pro is powered off.
- Press and hold the “Power” key and “Volume Up” button at the same time.
- Release them when you see the Huawei logo.
- Then you will see the “Fastboot Mode“.
- Touch “Wipe data/Factory reset“.
- Choose “Wipe data” to confirm the whole operation.
- Press the “Reboot system” menu.
- The Huawei P20 Pro will now wipe all contents.
Factory reset Huawei P20 Pro
When you want to sell this Huawei Y20. The factory reset will ensure that everything you store on the phone will be erased and the new owner won’t be able to access it.
- Go to Menu and choose “Setting“.
- Tap “System“.
- Move again and tap “Reset“.
- After that, choose “Factory data reset“.
- Confirm it by tap the “RESET PHONE” button.
- When it’s done, the Huawei P20 Pro will reboot.
Reset Passcode or Pattern Lock Huawei P20 Pro
For users who fail to reset the screen pattern, you can try to reset it via the Google Find My Device service.
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Huawei P20 Pro from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Huawei P20 Pro.
The Huawei P20 Pro is a decent device that has a mid-range price tag. It has a great processor under the hood, that provides an excellent performance. It has a powerful battery that suffices the need of the users. As for the camera, it will be a good option.
By the way, what method did you use? Let me know in the comments below. Also, feel free to reach out for any doubts or queries. Look forward to other articles such as how to flash Huawei P20 Pro.