Factory resets are the best solution for many Android issues. If your Redmi 6 is far slower than it once was, you have a malware infection that won’t go away or plan to sell your phone, reset is the most convenient solution. Today, we’re here to tell you how you can factory and hard reset Xiaomi Redmi 6.
The Redmi 6 flaunts a 5.45inch IPS LCD display with 720 x 1440 pixels that results in a pixel density of 295 PPI. The smartphone boots on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system. The device has a 32GB internal storage which can be expanded up to 128GB by using a memory card.
The Redmi 6 has Octa-Core processors having clock speeds of 2 GHz. The processor is further coupled with a 3GB ram. The combination is placed on a Helio P22 chipset. The graphical requirement is taken care of by the PowerVR GE8320 graphics unit
Three Easy Ways to Reset Xiaomi Redmi 6
If you find that your Redmi 6 is running a bit slower than usual, it may be lagging or a little slower, the screen freezes, or you’re having trouble loading a specific app or game, then you’ll want to know how to factory reset.
All your Redmi 6 data will be deleted after resetting your phone, which is why you should make a complete backup of your phone.
Reset passcode or pattern lock Xiaomi Redmi 6
- Log into Find My Device with your Google Account (email) and password.
- Select the Xiaomi Redmi 6 from the menu on the left.
- Select the Erase Device option from below the device information.
- Select the Erase button on the popup.
- Enter your Google Account password to confirm and send the task to your Redmi 6.
Hard reset Xiaomi Redmi 6 via Recovery
- Turn off your Redmi 6 and wait a few seconds.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” and “Power” keys.
- When you see the Mi Recovery screen, release the keys.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to “Wipe data“, then use the “Power” key to select it.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to “Wipe All Data“, then select “Confirm“.
Factory reset Xiaomi Redmi 6 from Settings
- Go to the Home screen and choose Settings.
- Scroll down and choose Additional settings.
- Choose Backup & reset.
- Choose Erase all data (factory reset).
- Tap Reset phone.
- All data and settings saved on the phone will be deleted.
- The Redmi 6 will automatically reset and reboot.
The Redmi 6 is a power packed smartphone which ends up fulfilling almost all the needs that a user may demand. It has an amazing display to start off with, which is complemented by a good performance that makes the multitasking and gaming experience better. Excellent cameras with extra features can capture good photos that user loves to share.
If you run into a serious problem, especially one involving hardware, the best solution is probably to contact the manufacturer or retailer support for your phone. If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to talk to us in the comments. For other tips and tricks such as how to flash Xiaomi Redmi 6 which will be coming soon.