Android Nougat 7.1, the latest version of Google’s mobile operating system was officially unveiled last year and it was initially rolled out to the Pixel C, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P and the Nexus Player. Google also released the factory image of Android Nougat for these devices and enthusiastic developers are working to create custom ROMs based on Android nougat 7.1 for popular Android devices.
The recent device to get the LOS based Android 7.1 Nougat Custom ROM is the Wileyfox Storm. The Wileyfox Storm was launched 2 years ago with Android Lollipop 5.1 which was the latest version of Android back then. Google promised that the device will get the update to Android Marshmallow 6.0 but thanks to the hard working developers, the Wileyfox Storm has come all the way up to Android Nougat 7.1.
Are you anxious about the procedure? You can succeed even if you are doing this for the first time. As for the actual procedure, the Lineage OS installation is almost similar to any other ROM installation out there. The only major difference is the installation of Gapps, but don’t worry since I’ve got your back on that too. Therefore don’t decline my invitation to take a detailed look at the preparatory steps involved in the process.
This method works only for Wileyfox Storm.
Do Charge your device up to 50-60% before starting the procedure.
Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock from Settings-> Developer Options.
Backup all your important data to your SD Card or PC.
Make sure you have TWRP installed on your Wileyfox Storm.
How To Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat-Based Lineage OS ROM on Wileyfox Storm
- Download Android 7.1.2 Pure Nexus custom ROM Wileyfox Storm and Google Apps 7.1 Nougat for Wileyfox Storm.
- Power off the phone and Wait a few seconds and then Press “Volume Down key +Power Key” for 5 Sec then release at the same time for about 3, or 4 seconds.Release the buttons.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the lineage-14.1-20180817-nightly-kipper-signed.zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Go back to the main menu of the custom recovery and tap Install again. Navigate to the Open Gapps zip file.
- Wait for the installation process to complete. This might take a while. Once completed, select the Reboot system now option.
That’s it! Enjoy Lineage OS 14.1 ROM based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat on your Wileyfox Storm.