Now, we have also known that the Pixel C was launched with the older version of Android which was Android 7.1.1 Nougat but the Android 8.0 Oreo update was already released. Thus, you can now get the latest version of Android which installs Android 8.1 Oreo on your Pixel C with the help of LineageOS 15.1. In order to flash this ROM on your device, you can scroll below and get the full step by step guide to install LineageOS ROM on your Pixel C.
The Pixel C is a 10.2-inch tablet has a resolution of 2560×1800 and is running Android 6.0 Marshmallow, powered by the NVIDIA Tegra X1 processor and 3GB of RAM.
If you love the level of customization Lineageos provides, or you have grown weary of waiting on Google to update your device to the latest operating system, this custom ROM is for you.
Installing any custom ROM, and perhaps especially an unofficial custom ROM is not without risk. Your warranty will be void, and there are bound to be some bugs. However, you can restore your device to its previous or original state if things go awry. While you need to keep this caution in mind, let’s get started. Here’s how to install LineageOS 15.1 on Pixel C.
- You need to have an Unlocked bootloader and TWRP recovery installed on your Pixel C.
- Also, you need to have at least 60% battery or more left on your smartphone so that you can proceed with the installation process.
- It is also recommended that you take a backup of all the important files on your device so that you are not at any risk of losing important files on your device during the process as this process involves completely wiping your device.
How To Flash LineageOS 15.1 Oreo Pixel C
- Once you have completed all the steps mentioned in the Prerequisites section above and downloaded the files mentioned in the Downloads section, you can proceed with the installation
- After this, you have to switch off your device and press and hold Power + Volume Down button to boot into TWRP recovery on your smartphone.
- Once you are in TWRP recovery, you need to select the LineageOS 15.1 ROM (lineage-15.1-20180402-nightly-dragon-signed.zip) which you downloaded from the Downloads section above and flash the zip file on your smartphone.
- After this, you have to select the GApps zip file which has also been mentioned in the Downloads section above and flash the zip file inside TWRP.
- Once both the zip files are installed on the device, you need to wipe data and cache and reboot your device.
After rebooting your phone, you will have Android Oreo-based LineageOS ROM on your Pixel C.
Now, you will need to follow the above steps carefully to install the Android 8.1 Oreo-based Lineage OS ROM on your Pixel C and you will get the latest version of Android on your smartphone. Also, note that this ROM is a beta development ROM and you will have to flash this ROM at your own risk but we have known that all the major features have been working currently.
– Please install Magisk.zip and/or SuperSu.zip yourself.
– Due to systemless rooting – if you have installed magisk and/or supersu before you need to install it again !
– If you install SuperSu.zip it will boot twice – no panic, it’s normal !
– If you had gapps installed before you don’t need to install gapps again – the installer will take care.
– If you face any strange issues, pls do a factory reset via TWRP first.
– If you have problems with SetupWizard from opengapps – pls install opengapps after first system boot.
– BeansGapps SetupWizard should have no problems at all !
However, you can comment with any of your questions regarding the installation in the comments section below and we will make sure to solve any of your questions as quickly as we can.