HTC One 2014 is a great phone indeed but youcan enhance its features and boost the performance significantly by installing a custom ROM. Being an Android device owner has great advantage over other platforms as you are not forced to live with what your phone’s manufacturer offers.
LineageOS ROM does not require an introduction to any Android enthusiast. LineageOS 14 came just after Google released Android 7.1 Nougat. The ROM is available for hundreds of Android devices and our HTC One is not an exception. Personally, I’m a big fan of the SenseUI but whenever I feel to get a change of taste, LineageOS is the the first name to strike. While I write these lines, I am still enjoying LineageOS 14. Though a stable release of the ROM is not yet available, the nightly version performs too well.
In order to install the LineageOS 14 ROM onto your device, you will need to setup TWRP. Download the files and flash them right away. Make sure you backup everything before you proceed including the apps, data, documents and everything on the internal storage, just in case anything goes wrong.
How To Install Lineageos 14 Android 7.1.2 Nougat On HTC One
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold Volume Down and power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery.
- Do not forget to perform a nandroid backup. Goto backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery and swipe right to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, go back to the TWRP main menu and tap the WIPE button.
- Next, swipe to Factory Reset. Wait for the wiping process to complete.
- Next, Goto TWRP main menu & goto Install option.
- Locate the LineageOS ROM downloaded zip file lineage-14.1-20180411-nightly-m8-signed.zip and tap on it. Now swipe to Install the ROM.
- Once installed, Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the Google apps zip file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation.
- Once the installation process is finished successfully, select Reboot System
f you see the new boot logo, that means you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. For queries, comment down below. Like and share us on social platforms. If you need help with other devices, let us know.