Lineage OS has finally come to life with the promise to carry on the memory of CyanogenMod. Seeing Cyanogenmod reaching to an end and saying goodbye was hard for all those who loved it. I feel like this team has somehow been here since the beginning and I’ve watched it reach the usual highs and lows of any regular company. However, the spirit of what Android truly is, remains here in the form of Lineage OS and new official versions make their way to us. If you happen to be looking for how to flash the official Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (Wi-Fi), then let me assure you that you have found the right place.
You can now install the Lineage OS ROM on your Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (Wi-Fi) and enjoy the latest features Android Nougat has to offer. In this article, we’ll describe how to install Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 ROM on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. LineageOS was a quite new OS which was released recently when CyanogenMod stop their all services and development.
-Charge your device up to at least 50% before starting the procedure. It’s not a set rule but better safe than sorry.
-Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock from Settings> Developer Options.
-Backup all your important data to your SD Card or PC.
-Make sure you have root access and TWRP recovery already installed.
How To Install LineageOS 14 Android 7.1.2 On Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (Wi-Fi) chagallwifi
- Download LineageOS 14 Android 7.1.2 for Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (Wi-Fi)
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery.
- Do not forget to perform a nandroid backup. Goto backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery and swipe right to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, go back to the TWRP main menu and tap the WIPE button.
- Next, swipe to Factory Reset. Wait for the wiping process to complete.
- Next, Goto TWRP main menu & goto Install option.
- Locate the LineageOS ROM downloaded zip file and tap on it. Now swipe to Install the ROM.
- Once the installation process is finished successfully, select Reboot System
If you followed everything correctly, you will be greeted with a brand new LineageOS boot animation. The first boot takes a while so don’t worry if it takes longer than usual to boot. Subsequent boots will take just the normal amount of time.