Here is, how to install LineageOS Android 7.1.2 Nougat on HTC 10. Android 7.1.2 Nougat is now live for HTC 10. If you are the fan of custom firmware and want to upgrade your HTC 10, then you can install LineageOS Android 7.1.2 Nougat on HTC 10. Today, we are sharing installation instructions about the official Android 7.1.2 based LineageOS custom firmware.
Cyanogen MOD has been replaced with the Lineage OS. Most of the Custom ROMs are built using this Lineage OS code. This Custom ROM claims to provide the most stable customization and near Stock Android experience. New features like rounded icons, google duo apps, app shortcuts, quick setting icons and more are included in it as it is running on the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat version.
– Charge your device up to at least 50% before starting the procedure. It’s not a set rule but better safe than sorry.
– Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock from Settings> Developer Options.
– Backup all your important data to your SD Card or PC.
– Make sure you have root access and TWRP recovery already installed.
How To Install Lineageos 14 Android 7.1.2 Nougat On HTC 10
- Download LineageOS 14 Android 7.1.2 for HTC 10
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery.
- Do not forget to perform a nandroid backup. Goto backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery and swipe right to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, go back to the TWRP main menu and tap the WIPE button.
- Next, swipe to Factory Reset. Wait for the wiping process to complete.
- Next, Goto TWRP main menu & goto Install option.
- Locate the LineageOS ROM downloaded zip file lineage-14.1-20180310-nightly-pme-signed.zip and tap on it. Now swipe to Install the ROM.
- Once the installation process is finished successfully, select Reboot System
If you followed everything correctly, you will be greeted with a brand new LineageOS boot animation. The first boot takes a while so don’t worry if it takes longer than usual to boot. Subsequent boots will take just the normal amount of time. If you notice any bugs or wish to know more about the development of the ROM, visit the original XDA thread.