MIUI 9 is Xiaomi’s latest OS update based on the latest stable version of Android Lollipop 5.1.1. Xiaomi has currently rolled out this update to a couple of its Redmi devices. MIUI ROM is a highly customizable and most beautiful custom ROM available for some Android phones. The Lenovo A6000 is also one such phone on which you can enjoy a ROM that is a kind of hybrid of the Android OS and the iOS. Being a Lenovo A6000 owner myself, I tried a number of ROMs, but finally I stuck to the MIUI 9 ROM. It gives you a whole new user interface experience and some other striking features absent in the stock ROM.
So, if you are a proud owner of Lenovo A6000 and have a liking for MIUI 9, then you are in for a treat because you can install the MIUI 9 custom ROM right now on your device.
- Okay then, if you are ready to flash the MIUI ROM, here are some prerequisites that must be taken care of before you do anything.First of all, you must root your Lenovo A6000. I presume that you already have root access.
- Create a backup of your phone’s data like messages, contacts, etc.
- Ensure that your device shows at least 70% battery level.
- Download the latest MIUI ROM and copy the zip file to the root of your phone’s SD Card.
Let’s get started with installing MIUI 9 Lollipop ROM in Lenovo A6000
- Make sure you have updated to stock 5.0.2 Lollipop
- Download Custom ROM MIUI 8 Lenovo A6000/+.
- Turn off / Switch your phone
- Press and hold Press Volume UP + Volume Down + Power Key at the same time to boot into Recovery mode.
- Do not forget to perform a nandroid backup. Goto backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, go back to the TWRP main menu and tap the WIPE button.
- Next, swipe to Factory Reset. Wait for the wiping process to complete.
- Next, Goto TWRP main menu and goto Install option.
- Locate the MIUI_9_Global_Stable_Lenovo_A6000.zip file & tap on it. Now swipe to Install the ROM.
- Once the installation process is finished successfully, select Reboot System