LineageOS as we all know is the replacement of CyanogenMOD and most custom ROMs are built using the LineageOS source code. It aims to provide near stock Android experience and stable performance without compromising much on the customization side. It is currently running on the latest stable version of Android Nougat 7.1.2 which includes new features like rounded icons, Google Duo App, app shortcuts, quick settings icon and more.
By following this step by step guide, you can easily update your Motorola Photon Q to LinageOS 14 Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM. This custom ROM comes with tons of latest features and combination of customization, power, performance and the newest features brought directly to your device. Before proceeding, don’t forget to take a full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in installing the LineageOS Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM on Motorola Photon Q then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- The Photon Q should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your Photon Q must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the Photon Q is at least above 80% before going ahead.
How To Install LineageOS 14 Android 7.1.2 On Motorola Photon Q
- Download LineageOS 14 Android 7.1.2 for Motorola Photon Q
- Turn off / Switch your phone
- Reboot to TWRP mode
- Do not forget to perform a nandroid backup. Goto backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery and swipe right to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, go back to the TWRP main menu and tap the WIPE button.
- Next, swipe to Factory Reset. Wait for the wiping process to complete.
- Next, Goto TWRP main menu & goto Install option.
- Locate the LineageOS ROM downloaded zip file and tap on it. Now swipe to Install the ROM.
- Once the installation process is finished successfully, select Reboot System
That’s it! You have successfully installed Android 7.1 Nougat via LineageOS 14 ROM on Photon Q. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.