As smartphone users, we all love software updates as they bring new features, enhancement and fixes to the bugs found on the older software. One such device is the Asus Zenpad 8.0 Z380KL which was released by the company some time ago. Now, the tablet has received the first custom ROM and this ROM is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat which makes it one of the first smartphone to receive Android 7.1.2 Nougat via a custom ROM.
The Android Nougat 7.1 update comes with a lot of new features like multi window mode, improved doze mode, better notification controls, revamped settings app and notification panel and a lot of background optimizations.
If you are interested in installing Lineage OS 14 Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM on your own Z380KL then go ahead and follow the given steps.
How To Install Lineageos 14 Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Asus Zenpad 8.0 Z380KL
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold Volume Down and power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery.
- Do not forget to perform a nandroid backup. Goto backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery and swipe right to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, go back to the TWRP main menu and tap the WIPE button.
- Next, swipe to Factory Reset. Wait for the wiping process to complete.
- Next, Goto TWRP main menu & goto Install option.
- Locate the LineageOS ROM downloaded zip file lineage-14.1-20180310-nightly-pme-signed.zip and tap on it. Now swipe to Install the ROM.
- Once installed, Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the Google apps zip file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation.
- Once the installation process is finished successfully, select Reboot System
Now, you will need to follow the above steps carefully to install the Android 7.1.2 Nougat-based LineageOS ROM on your Zenpad 8 and you will get the latest version of Android on your smartphone. Also, note that this ROM is an early development ROM and you will have to flash this ROM at your own risk but we have known that all the major features have been working currently.
However, you can comment with any of your questions regarding the installation in the comments section below and we will make sure to solve any of your questions as quickly as we can.