Installing custom ROM is the best way for taking your smartphone experience to the next level and if you want performance improvements along with lots of new features on your Redmi Note 3, then I would highly recommend trying out a custom ROM. XDA Senior Member xyyx (Max) posted the official Nitrogen OS for Redmi Note 3. If you would like to try Nitrogen OS ROM on your smartphone, head over to the download section.
The Nitrogen OS ROM is one of the most popular custom ROMs available for the Redmi Note 3 and if you’re not sure whether it is the right option, then consider these features.
- The ROM is fully customizable. You can choose whether you want everything or remove bloatware.
- 2 type navigation bar mode: Smartbar (as usual in android) and Fling (navbar from “Dirty Unicorns” rom)
- Double tap on lockscreen to put the device to sleep
- Ambient display customizing.
- Volume rocker wake
- Lots of add-on apps available
- Various mods including a lockscreen menu, navigation bar and camera mod.
Screenshot Nitrogen OS
Anyway, if you need to know more and find out what features and apps that work then please read the following file. Again if you lastly decide to flash this modified ROM based on Android 7.1 Nougat then all the possible risks are yours to bear.
As I mentioned earlier, make sure that you don’t try to install the ROM on variants other than Redmi Note 3 aka Kenzo (Snapdragon chipset) as you might end up bricking your phone.
How To Install NitrogenOS Android 7.1.1 Nougat On Redmi Note 3 (Kenzo)
- Download Android 7.1.1 NitrogenOS custom ROM Redmi Note 3 and Google Apps 7.1 Nougat for Redmi Note 3.
- Boot in to TWRP Mode
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the Nitrogen-OS-kenzo-20170601.zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Now Install the Open Google Apps Package. Go back to the main menu of the custom recovery and tap Install again. Navigate to the open_gapps-arm64-7.1-nano-20170621.zip file that you transferred to your Redmi Note 3 in Step 6.
- Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, and then select “Reboot System” button.
Make sure that you follow the steps mentioned above properly and feel free to shoot any questions below on how to install Android Nitrogen custom ROM on Redmi Note 3.